It is a very exciting day here in Thunder Bay as we will find out who is going to be the 9th Mayor of our great city. Someone really smart once said “To know where you are going you must know where you came from” I think it was Scooby Doo. Anyway I thought I would do some research and look back at our last 8 mayors. I hired the best team of investigators to come up with this list of facts. I’ll start with our first mayor and go down to our current leader.
- Saul Laskin 1970-1972- Saul was the inventor of the toaster oven
- Walter Assef 1973-1978 & 1981-1985 – Had a Mr. T poster in his office
- Dusty Miller 1978-1980 – First female mayor of Thunder Bay, real name not Dusty and an avid fan of the UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs
- Jack Masters 1986-1991 – Once played a cop on LA Law
- David Hamilton 1991-1997 – The hit musical Hamilton was not about him
- Ken Boshcoff 1997-2003 – Can back flip 10 times in a row
- Lynn Peterson 2003-2010 – Can juggle bowling pins
- Keith Hobbs 2010-2018 – Loves to knit cat sweaters
I might have to fire my research team.