58 nurses at the local Health Unit are walking off the job.
The Health Unit says the Ontario Nurses’ Association rejected their final contract offer early this morning.
Officials add the walkout means they won’t be able to provide some services, including flu clinics, nurse practitioner clinics, and some school health programs.
We’ve reached out to the union for comments.
You can find a full list below of the programs the Health Unit says it’s suspending until further notice:
· Nurse practitioner clinics
· Street Nursing
· Immunization and travel health clinics
· Flu clinics
· Take Control smoking cessation clinics
· Breastfeeding clinics
· Prenatal classes
· Parenting sessions, workshops and events
· Healthy Babies Healthy Children program
· Some School Health programming (includes classroom presentations and curriculum support)
· Workplace Health program
· Dental hygiene clinics for low risk children
· Branch Office Nursing services
The Health Unit says Sexual health clinics are operating, but will have limited capacity, and they expect delays for those services.