The east end’s Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Transfiguration has been around for over 100 years.
Spokesperson Taras Kolomeychuk tells us the church is a mainstay in the community.
The parish was first created in 1911, and construction of the church was completed in 1918.
“We were quite honoured, because the bishop of the day came to consecrate the church,” he notes.
Kolomeychuk adds the building has endured time well with very little change.
“It has had some major renovations in the late sixties, mid-seventies, and with some new icon paintings on the alter area and on the ceilings.”
The McIntosh Street church is on display today as part of the Doors Open event. (Staff Photo)